DK Clip Art Help
Terms and Conditions of Use
The following Terms and Conditions govern the use of images from the Dorling Kindersley Ltd Clip Art Library ("the Images") available on our website at www.dk.com. You are entitled to use the Images for personal, home and school use only, subject to and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Accessing the Images will be regarded as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Dorling Kindersley Limited ("DK") hereby grants you a non-exclusive licence to download, copy and display the Images for your own personal, home and school use.
- You acknowledge that copyright in the Images shall remain at all times with DK or the existing copyright owner.
- You undertake to use the Images only for non-commercial and personal use and acknowledge that you shall not alter modify or change the Images or any copyright or proprietary notices in any way.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not be entitled to supply the Images to any third party or assign or sublicense your rights hereunder.
- You acknowledge that DK is the owner of the DK name and logo and that you are only entitled to use these in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You further acknowledge that your use of the DK name and logo shall enure to DK's benefit.
- You undertake to indemnify DK against any claim by a third party that by your failure to observe these Terms and Conditions, DK has infringed the claimant's copyright or other rights.
- If, having made the Images available to you, DK subsequently becomes aware that use in accordance with these Terms and Conditions may be an infringement of copyright or other rights owned by a third party, or DK wishes to withdraw the Images for any other reason, DK reserves the right to withdraw such Images from its website immediately.
- You shall use your best endeavours to prevent misuse or unauthorised downloading, duplicating, copying or pirating of the Images. If you become aware of any such misuse or infringement, you shall immediately inform DK and take appropriate action in consultation with DK. If you refuse or neglect to take such action in respect of such misuse or infringement, DK can take such steps as it considers necessary to deal with the matter, including without limitation bringing proceedings in joint names and you agree (at DK's cost) to provide all reasonable assistance.
- DK provides these Images in good faith and does no make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to the Images. DK excludes all warranty and representations to the extent permitted by law. DK gives no guarantee that the DK Clip Art Library will always function as intended or that it will be free from infection by viruses.
- To the extent permitted by law, DK disclaims all liability, however it may arise, in connection with any loss and/or damage that may occur in relation to, use of, or inability to use, or action taken or refrained from being taken as a result of using, all or any part of the Images.
- On expiry or termination for any reason of the licence granted hereunder you will at DK's request immediately cease to use the Images and the DK logo and, at DK's option, destroy or erase all copies of the Images in your possession or control or return all such copies to DK.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by Canadian law and the parties
hereto agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Canada.